Ten Percent Financial Recruitment
A rapidly expanding accountancy practice in Bath are looking for an ACCA/ACA Accountant to join them. The successful candidate will work closely with the director as well as train and manage a small team that is likely to grow over the next year or so. Several years of solid accountancy practice experience is essential for this role and you must be capable of hitting the ground running.
The firm is a small practice that has seen rapid organic growth of late and is now looking at future expansion. The practice prides itself on its close relationships with its clients –an interesting mix including ambitious and exciting start-ups in the tech, education, health, AI and music sector, environmentally and socially conscious organisations, personal service companies, consultants, property management firms, recruitment consultants, IFAs, and local clients in various industries.
You will mainly be working on statutory accounts and corporation tax, but supporting client queries where possible. There isn’t a great deal of really challenging stat compliance work at present but the practice do some interesting things around R&D and it is really important that you can join this up in thinking to the income extraction plans of the client. The director would ultimately oversee everything but some thought put into this at an early stage would be very useful.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- ACCA/ACA qualified or almost qualified
- Solid technical background, diligent, conscientious, can show initiative
- Familiarity with Digita suite would be advantageous but not essential as long as technical knowledge is good
- Very good communication skills and able to liaise with clients in a professional but personal manner
- Be capable of managing and training a small team initially but one that could grow over the next 12-24 months
- Good knowledge of VAT would be very advantageous
The practice is working remotely at the moment due to lockdown. In the longer-term, however, the successful candidate would need to go into the Bath office one day per week to meet with the team and provide any support or training required.
This is ideally a full time permanent role although part time may be considered for exceptional candidates. Salary is dependent on experience and qualifications but likely to be in the £30-40k range.
When applying please specify:
- Current salary and notice period.
- Reasons for leaving your present role (if working).
- Ensure you have identified any practice roles you have had to date (as opposed to industry roles).
- Detail your qualifications – e.g. if you are ACCA qualified, how many years of post-qualification experience do you have?
- Your home address and postcode (postcode at the very least). If you are not near to the role are you planning to relocate?
- What you are looking for in a new position yourself – i.e. why you are looking at this role – what is it that has caught your eye (e.g. location, opportunity, higher salary etc.)
- Full details of accounting software used to date.