Ten Percent Financial Recruitment
A small Stockport-based accountancy practice are seeking an Assistant Manager to join their offices in Hazel Grove. The ideal candidate will be AAT/ACA/ACCA qualified or QBE with several years of experience in accountancy practice.
You will gain responsibility for a portfolio of clients as well as being allocated work on a regular basis. You will have contact with clients via phone and email and from time to time be responsible for holding client meetings either at the client’s premises or at the office.
Your typical daily duties will include:
- Preparation of statutory accounts for small to medium sized Limited Companies including corporation tax computations
- Preparation of unaudited Accounts for sole traders and partnerships
- Preparation of self-assessment tax returns
- Managing a small team of accountants and reviewing work
- Liaising with HMRC on client queries
- Excellent organisational abilities
- Great attention to detail
- Able to manage a portfolio of clients
- Competent in producing statutory accounts using FRS 102
- Confident with clients and able to work alone at client premises
- Maintain objectivity, independence and integrity at all times
- Be an ambassador for the firm and maintain client relationships
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and familiarity with online computer software. i.e. Xero, QuickBooks and Sage.
- Knowledge of Sage Accounts an advantage
- AAT, ACA, ACCA, or QBE
- 3 years practice experience essential
This is a full time permanent role and the working week is 9.00am to 5pm Monday to Friday at the firm’s offices in Hazel Grove. Salary is dependent on qualifications and experience but likely to be in the £35-40k range.
When applying please specify:
- Current salary and notice period.
- Reasons for leaving your present role (if working).
- Ensure you have identified any practice roles you have had to date (as opposed to industry roles).
- Detail your qualifications – e.g. if you are ACCA qualified, how many years of post-qualification experience do you have?
- Your home address and postcode (postcode at the very least). If you are not near to the role are you planning to relocate?
- What you are looking for in a new position yourself – i.e. why you are looking at this role – what is it that has caught your eye (e.g. location, opportunity, higher salary etc.)
- Full details of accounting software used to date.