Ten Percent Financial Recruitment
A growing firm of accountants are looking for a Client Manager to join their offices in Chiswick. The practice has a varied client base of limited companies, SMEs and other clients delivering a range of services. The firm is expanding and experiencing positive growth and set for further development.
Joining the firm as a Client Manager level professional, based out of the firm’s Chiswick offices, you will take responsibility for managing the full provision of varied, general practice services to your own portfolio of clients. Clients are mainly limited companies and SMEs with a smaller element of sole traders and partnerships. Clients are varied in industry and in the range of up to £2million in turnover.
As well as managing the provision of accounts, tax and general practice services to your clients, in both a hands on and review role, you will look to develop added value relationships with your clients, identifying opportunities such as business planning, systems improvements, profitability improvements and other project work. With ongoing growth within the firm, genuine opportunities for career progression and development are on offer, in a progressive and forward moving firm of chartered accountants.
You should be working toward your ACCA qualification or equivalent, with a recent career background in accountancy practice at Client Manager level or similar, with client and portfolio management responsibility. You will have experience of both a hands on and managerial role, review capacity, overseeing the delivery of accounts and tax services to a mixed client base of limited companies and SMEs.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Applied working knowledge on a variety of systems: Xero, QuickBooks, Sage and Microsoft Office for review stages.
- Preparing accounts and management information for Limited Companies, Sole Traders and Partnerships.
- Preparation of VAT returns along with a working knowledge of payroll and CIS.
- Ensure that all work is completed to a high standard in terms of timeliness and technical competence.
- Take full responsibility of all assignments from start to finish.
- Keep line manager informed of progress on jobs.
- Use skills to resolve problems and issues arising, and implement actions according to the company administrative policies and procedures. Seek advice from the line manager if required.
Salary is dependent on experience and qualifications but likely to be in the £25,000 – £30,000 range. This role offers the chance of career progression and development.
When applying please specify:
- Current salary and notice period.
- Reasons for leaving your present role (if working).
- Ensure you have identified any practice roles you have had to date (as opposed to industry roles).
- Detail your qualifications – e.g. if you are studying for the ACCA, what have you completed and what have you got left to do?
- Your home address and postcode (postcode at the very least). If you are not near to the role are you planning to relocate?
- What you are looking for in a new position yourself – i.e. why you are looking at this role – what is it that has caught your eye (e.g. location, opportunity, higher salary etc.)
- Full details of accounting software used to date.