Ten Percent Financial Recruitment
A dynamic growing company operating in the education sector is looking for a Finance Manager to join them from mid-July. The ideal candidate will be experienced, ambitious and pragmatic and capable of leading the company’s Finance Department as they continue to expand. The firm support some of the most exciting companies in the world and also work with hundreds of education institutions across the UK, with a view to expanding internationally and beyond.
Working closely with all teams within the firm, you will be responsible for running the finance function on a daily basis and providing hands on support to the management team. You will take ownership of the financial framework, providing assistance both internally and externally.
Within your role, you’ll be:
- Providing commercial analysis on financial reports, providing key performance insight to business leaders.
- Finance business partnering responsibilities with the operational teams, providing financial insight, budget production and management, and assessment to bids and tenders.
- Assessing and improving internal and external procurement processes.
- Managing daily income/expenditure, including subscription monitoring and continuous accounts reconciliation.
- Working closely with the Sales team to create, send and monitor quotes, contracts and invoices.
- Running payroll for contractors and team.
- Managing R&D claim process and supporting grant applications and awards.
- ACCA, CIMA or ACA qualified
- 3+ years of Financial Management experience/knowledge
- 2+ years of experience in a similar standalone/senior role
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong technical skills
- High level of personal integrity and ability to remain independent
- Fast-paced start-up environment with a lot of responsibility and autonomy
- Competitive salary – depends on experience/qualifications but likely to be in the £45-55k range
- Very sociable team with monthly team incentives
- The ability to work remotely
- Training & CPD budget
When applying please specify:
- Current salary and notice period.
- Reasons for leaving your present role (if working).
- Ensure you have identified any practice roles you have had to date (as opposed to industry roles).
- Detail your qualifications – e.g. if you are ACCA qualified, how many years of post-qualification experience do you have?
- Your home address and postcode (postcode at the very least). If you are not near to the role are you planning to relocate?
- What you are looking for in a new position yourself – i.e. why you are looking at this role – what is it that has caught your eye (e.g. location, opportunity, higher salary etc.)
- Full details of accounting software used to date.