Ten Percent Financial Recruitment
A small accountancy practice in Birmingham are looking for a part-time Tax Professional to join their team for 2 days per week. The ideal candidate will be CIOT qualified with several years of tax experience in accountancy practice. You will be dealing with a range of different clients based locally, particularly owner-managed businesses, and providing a direct supportive role to the Principal Accountant.
Main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Managing a portfolio of private clients, sole traders, partnerships and corporation tax cases.
- Ensuring that the filing and reporting deadlines are met
- Dealing with all communications from clients and HMRC
- Identifying and communicating opportunities for tax planning
This is a part-time office-based role. Flexible working hours may be an option and salary is likely to be in the £30-40k pro-rata range depending on experience and qualifications.
When applying please specify:
- Current salary and notice period.
- Reasons for leaving your present role (if working).
- Ensure you have identified any practice roles you have had to date (as opposed to industry roles).
- Detail your qualifications – e.g. if you are CIOT qualified, how many years of post-qualification experience do you have?
- Your home address and postcode (postcode at the very least). If you are not near to the role are you planning to relocate?
- What you are looking for in a new position yourself – i.e. why you are looking at this role – what is it that has caught your eye (e.g. location, opportunity, higher salary etc.)
- Full details of accounting software used to date.