Ten Percent Financial Recruitment
An independent firm of Chartered Accountants, Insolvency Practitioners and Independent Financial Advisors, based in Sutton, Surrey are looking for a Payroll Administrator to work as part of a team with one other Payroll Administrator. The role requires strong relationships to be built with clients involving excellent written and verbal communication skills. The successful candidate will possess:
- A minimum of 3 years’ payroll experience within a Practice or Bureau environment
- Up to date knowledge of all payroll legislation including SSP, SMP, Tax, NI, RTI auto enrolment etc.
- Ability to manage workload and complete jobs within deadlines
- Iris Payroll Bureau software experience is a distinct advantage
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrable attention to detail
- A proactive approach to work, happy to go the extra mile
- Competence using MS Office applications
Main duties include but are not limited to:
- Processing 180 company payrolls per month, 15 weekly payrolls and 6 bi-weekly payrolls on Iris Payroll Bureau software
- Ensuring all statutory payments are included
- Setting up and running auto enrolment pension schemes
- Telephone contact with clients, answering queries and taking instructions
- Hours 37.5 per week – Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 5.45pm, Friday 8.30am to 1.00pm – the firm will be trialling part-remote working
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays (2 further days after 1 year of service)
- 3 month probationary period
- Group personal pension 4% employer/employee contributions after successful completion of probationary period
- No parking fees (park on road)
- Childcare Voucher Scheme and Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee’s Assistance Programme
- 20% client introduction bonus scheme
- Annual practice target related bonus
- All offers subject to 5 years of references which are deemed satisfactory to the Practice, evidence of the right to work in the UK and a clear standard DBS check
When applying please specify:
- Current salary and notice period.
- Reasons for leaving your present role (if working).
- Ensure you have identified any practice roles you have had to date (as opposed to industry roles).
- Detail your qualifications – e.g. if you are studying for the ACCA, what have you completed and what have you got left to do?
- Your home address and postcode (postcode at the very least). If you are not near to the role are you planning to relocate?
- What you are looking for in a new position yourself – i.e. why you are looking at this role – what is it that has caught your eye (e.g. location, opportunity, higher salary etc.)
- Full details of accounting software used to date.