Ten Percent Financial Recruitment
A small yet dynamic multi-disciplinary accounting and tax practice in Reading are looking for a Practice Accountant to join them on a predominantly remote-working basis. The ideal candidate will be ACCA/ACA qualified with a minimum of 5 years of practice experience. While pre-scheduled attendance at the office will be required a couple of times a month, remote candidates within a 2-hour commute of Reading will be considered – the firm will cover travel expenses. The practice is going through an acquisition phase and is looking to rapidly expand its offering and range of services. The role has future partner potential for the right candidate and would suit an ambitious Senior Accountant looking for an upward career move.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Arranging and sorting client documents and information
- Data entry of accounting information (primary books of account)
- Reconciling key accounts (bank, debtors, creditors, VAT, PAYE)
- Reviewing VAT transactions for accuracy and completeness
- Completing and filing VAT and PAYE returns
- Correct accounting errors and posts journal entry adjustments including depreciation and accruals
- Completes other accounting tasks as needed
- Completes other client administration tasks as needed
- Registration for PAYE, government gateway, VAT, pension
- Company secretarial duties
- Incorporating companies
- Preparing self-assessment returns and tax planning and calculations (CGT, entrepreneurs relief, BIK, pension)
- Preparing FRS102/FRS105 accounts together with planning documents, working papers and queries
- Dealing with VAT, PAYE, corporation tax and self-assessment queries
- Preparing and dealing with R&D credits
- Preparing management accounts
- Supervising and assisting junior staff
- Dealing with client inquiries
- Providing client advice within their scope of knowledge and experience
- Firm grasp of intermediate and advanced accounting principles
- Ability to perform advanced mathematical operations
- Comfortable handling and storing confidential financial information
- Close attention to detail
- Ability to compile professional and thorough accounting reports
- Ability to analyse information in an objective and nonbiased manner
- Willingness to be guided and tutored and undergo CPD
- Good time and task management
- Ability to supervise and nurture junior staff
- Advanced software skills
- 5+ years’ practice experience
- VT, Xero, QuickBooks online
- Word, Excel, Teams, Outlook
- Payroll software
- HMRC online
- Advanced accounting
- Key account reconciliations
- Final trial balance
- Accounts preparation including disclosure and notes
- Functional payroll including holiday pay, SSP, SMP, leavers and joiners, tax codes
- Intermediate VAT
- Intermediate/advanced income tax, including CGT, entrepreneurs relief, BIK, pension and corporation tax
- Assembly of data
- Company and LLP incorporation process
- Pension process
- £35,000 – £40,000 per annum
- Study support
- Mobile phone
When applying please specify:
- Current salary and notice period.
- Reasons for leaving your present role (if working).
- Ensure you have identified any practice roles you have had to date (as opposed to industry roles).
- Detail your qualifications – e.g. if you are ACCA qualified, how many years of post-qualification experience do you have?
- Your home address and postcode (postcode at the very least). If you are not near to the role are you planning to relocate?
- What you are looking for in a new position yourself – i.e. why you are looking at this role – what is it that has caught your eye (e.g. location, opportunity, higher salary etc.)
- Full details of accounting software used to date.