Ten Percent Financial Recruitment
A multi-office accountancy practice are looking for a qualified or part-qualified Accountant to join their offices in either Leigh or Northwich. Responsible for a client portfolio of small business clients preparing VAT, self-assessment tax returns and annual limited accounts, you will be required to work flexibly, in a rapidly developing office environment. It may also be necessary to assist other staff from time to time. The ideal candidate will hold an AAT qualification or be part-qualified ACCA and demonstrate experience of preparing accounts in a practice environment.
The key duties of the post are as follows:
- Providing support to Client queries
- Producing Limited company Accounts & tax computations
- Investigating and verifying ledger control accounts on Cloud systems
- Preparing and checking ledger balances and other control accounts
- Completing and submitting clients’ personal tax returns
- Provide basic tax advice to clients
- Prepare and submit client VAT returns to HMRC
- Communicate and liaise verbally and in writing between clients/enquirers and colleagues
- Manage, organise and update relevant data using database applications
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the general public
- Maintain regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance and adherence to relevant health and safety procedures
- Adhere to procedures relating to the proper use and care of equipment and materials for which the role has responsibility
- Plus other duties consistent with the grade as directed
This is a full time, permanent position. Salary is dependent upon experience but likely to be in the £25-32k range. A minimum of 2 years’ accountancy practice experience is essential for this role.
When applying please specify:
- Current salary and notice period.
- Reasons for leaving your present role (if working).
- Ensure you have identified any practice roles you have had to date (as opposed to industry roles).
- Detail your qualifications – e.g. if you are studying towards the ACCA, what have you completed and what have you got left to do?
- Your home address and postcode (postcode at the very least). If you are not near to the role are you planning to relocate?
- What you are looking for in a new position yourself – i.e. why you are looking at this role – what is it that has caught your eye (e.g. location, opportunity, higher salary etc.)
- Full details of accounting software used to date.