Ten Percent Financial Recruitment
An excellent opportunity has arisen in an established multi-office accountancy firm for a full-time permanent Semi-Senior Accountant. The responsibilities of this role will require working in all aspects of the accountancy profession such as bookkeeping, accounts production and tax. The job is based in the firm’s Bishop’s Stortford and Epping offices but some occasional travel to their other offices may be required. There will be opportunity for advancement dependent on ability.
Reporting to the Practice Director, responsibilities will include:
- Preparing working papers and annual accounts and tax returns for sole traders, partnerships and owner managed SMEs for manager review
- Prepare statutory accounts in accordance with UK FRS 105 and FRS 102 for manager review
- Prepare personal tax returns
- Prepare and submit VAT returns
- Communicating with clients
- Liaise with HMRC on behalf of clients
- Work confidently with various computer and accounting software such as QuickBooks
- Minimum 2 years of practice experience
- ACCA/ACA part qualified/AAT qualified, or more substantial experience but without qualifications
- Friendly disposition and a team player
- Good oral/written English skills
- Effective communicator
This is a full time role of 40 hours per week with holidays of 25 working days plus bank holidays. Salary is dependent on experience and qualifications but likely to be in the £25-30k range.
The firm are currently working from home on account of Covid-19 restrictions but will be returning to their offices in due course. Therefore, you will need to be based within a 30 minute drive of Bishop’s Stortford.
When applying please specify:
- Current salary and notice period.
- Reasons for leaving your present role (if working).
- Ensure you have identified any practice roles you have had to date (as opposed to industry roles).
- Detail your qualifications – e.g. if you are studying for the ACCA, what have you completed and what have you got left to do?
- Your home address and postcode (postcode at the very least). If you are not near to the role are you planning to relocate?
- What you are looking for in a new position yourself – i.e. why you are looking at this role – what is it that has caught your eye (e.g. location, opportunity, higher salary etc.)
- Full details of accounting software used to date.