Market outlook – demand will remain steady this month before dropping off in the run up to Christmas. The figures in brackets show the increase or decrease from the previous month.
- Current live vacancies: 103
- New salaried vacancies added in September: 16 (+128%)
- New candidates registering in September: 35* (+52%)
- Job Interviews: 6 (+200%)
- CVs sent: 55 (+90%)
(*NB – we do not include the hoards of unsuitable applicants we filter on a daily basis – the figure is for qualified or part-qualified accountancy practice candidates).
The REC (Recruitment & Employment Confederation) release a monthly review of the employment market in the UK. Key points from their September survey:
- Starting salaries rise sharply amid steep reduction in candidate supply
- Permanent placements expand at slightly weaker pace
- Vacancy growth softens to near two-year low, but remains strong
The Chief Executive of the REC says: “UK businesses are resilient, but they’re struggling to find the people they need to drive growth and opportunity. Recruiters’ specialist skills help to address this, but with Brexit looming a comprehensive mobility deal with the EU will be needed to underpin prosperity.”