20 Second Guide to Attending a Successful Accountancy Job Interview.
- Shake interviewers hands at the start and end.
- Dress smartly.
- Take a copy of your CV with you.
- Turn up 10 minutes early.
- Be prepared for a technical test or questions – seem fairly common.
- Maintain eye contact with the interviewers during interview – don’t look down at the floor.
- Speak clearly and loudly so they can hear you – don’t mumble.
- Smile a lot and try to demonstrate that you have a sense of humour.
- Ask them at least 2-3 questions – eg annual leave, study support, future plans, future prospects etc..
- Thank them for their time at the end.