Position available for US tax preparer and reviewer in a busy small office handling international tax applications. Based in London. Permanent full time role.
The perfect applicant needs to work independently with limited supervision and he or she is self-motivated.
The company work a flexible eight hour day with core hours falling between 10 am and 4 pm. You must be able to work late or come in early when we are approaching a deadline.
Completing US tax returns, primarily 1040 expatriate returns. Complete a minimum of one per day using CCH ProSystem fx.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
• Prepare returns.
• E-file returns.
• Ensure paper returns are packaged correctly:
• Remind taxpayers regularly for outstanding information on their case.
Education and Experience
• Knowledge and experience of standard office software applications – MS Office; Word, Excel, Outlook, Gmail, and Google.
• Knowledge and experience in taxation (see core competencies below for specifics).
• CPA or EA license or willing to sit for EA or CPA exam.
• At least two of the following four competency areas:
o 1040 tax returns.
o CCH ProSystem fx.
o US corporate, partnership, and/or trust returns.
o Expatriate US tax (forms 2555, 1116, 8621, & interaction between US and UK).
• Proven experience in the competency areas: provide the # of returns (by type, 1040, 1120, 5471, etc.) prepared annually and the number over the course of the past ten years.
• Excellence in spelling, punctuation, grammar and other English language skills.
• Attention to detail
• Time management
• Interpersonal skills
• Customer-service orientation
• Work effectively under pressure